Saturday, July 5, 2008

All- American Weekend


What a wonderful 4th of July, we started out with a baseball game on thursday night with "all you can eat" hot dogs. Jordan won by eating 6, Caleb came in second with 4.... they are still feeling the effects. The weather was perfect, Heather was disappointed to not make contact with her favorite mascot Deuce the Prairie Dog (Caleb insists he is a sloth- who picks a sloth as a mascot?) but Tom oops Deuce is trying to bribe her back Monday night with free tickets.
On Friday we cooked and shopped and swam for all of 5 minutes.... there is nothing like a large lightening bolt to clear the pool!!
No I might sound like I am bragging a bit (and I am) but our 4th celebration meal was incredible, you cannot go wrong with Pioneer Womans brisket... it is perfect every time I make it. We are using the leftovers to make PW tostados today..... yummy!

Jordan and I tried a new recipe for Bacon wrapped Jalapenos (again from PW), we called them firecrackers and they were delicious. I used nitrate free bacon.

The best part of the weekend was spending time with family. We had a wonderful visit with Aunt Gladys, Kathy, Jenny, and of course baby Jack who is now walking!

P.S. Yes Seth has a black eye... it is a long story and Hunter will reenact the whole thing for you if you ask.

1 comment:

Lisa Allen said...

Hi Linda Loo ...I wander in from Andreas page...I have been inspired by your blog page...I just got the Magic Bullet and Andrea is going to get hers tonight, but I desperatly need the recipe for the Pioneer Woman Brisket as it looks so freakin' good!!!!