Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Date Night

Last night Chris and I got away by ourselves for the first time in..... ummmm..... in ...... WOW .... a REALLY long time. Thanks to my brother in-law Robert whose neck was hurting and gave us tickets to a Mavs game (as Jordan would say- W00t! W00t!). Since you have to take a small loan out to get gas and parking can be crazy we decide to take the DART train to the arena. I decide not to take my camera and I regretted it all night.

The ride there was long but the train took us right up to the arena. The game was so much fun and it got even more fun when during one of the breaks they had a "dance for your dinner" game and we saw our own Dr. Clothier trying to break dance, being that he is Church of Christ and never danced in his life it didn't go real well.

The two men sitting in front of us had ALOT to drink, I was praying they were taking the train home -imagine my surprise when we got back to Plano and realized they were parked right next to us. PSA- Don't drink and drive!

The whole night reminded me of another time.... almost 25 years ago... our first date!! Except the Mavs were playing the Spurs that night. I don't even remember if the Mavs won then but I do know they won last night... beating the Seattle Supersonics who will probably soon be the OKC Supersonics..... that doesn't sound right, they will have to get a new name.
We rode home watching a lightning storm out the train windows... it was incredible and again I wished for my camera....

1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

So awesome. I laughed out loud how you got the tickets. Praise God for neck pain huh?!
Love you,
A