Wednesday, June 18, 2008

GREEN SMOOTHIES!!


We have recently discovered a new health food fad that is going over great in my home.....Green Smoothies. I read about a 30 day challenge on a scrapbook board and decided to try it myself. The first thing I did was purchase a Magic Bullet blender (don't forget to say blender or people look at you funny). I LOVE this thing! I can't believe I went so long without it.






The first batch I made was SO green I was afraid the boys wouldn't even try it so I called them "Incredible Hulk Smoothies" and the boys drank them right down... no complaints! Later that day Seth told Hunter he couldn't cross the monkey bars at the park at which Hunter reminded him that he had drank the smoothie and what do you know?.... Seth went right across the monkey bars!

So what makes it so green you ask..... spinach. Yes a huge handful of spinach. I mix that with various other ingredients and it taste great! Our favorite recipe right now is-


1/2 a banana

4 chunks of frozen mango

2 large strawberries

scoop of pineapple with juice

large handful of spinach


I also add a few pieces of ice, 1/2 cup of almond milk, a couple of scoops of ambrotose and a scoop of organic vanilla yogurt.


You can mix this with pretty much any fruit and other greens to use are parsley, aragula, or kale. I am going to try parsley tomorrow.
Be sure and leave me a comment to tell me what you think.... especially if you try one yourself. I would love to hear of other recipes.


4 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

I love the story about the boys. I call them "Incredible Hulk Smoothies" for my little friends, too. (Either that or "Swamp Mud" haha!)

Glad you're enjoying them :)

Andrea "The H family" said...

I'm all over this like a pitbull on a poodle. LOL at the magic bullet wording. Knowing my friends....I need to make sure I end with Blender.
I'm so getting this blender and I'm so trying this!!

Lisa Allen said...

Hi there I wander in from Aners page..I am her BF...Lisa , I am so going to try this recipe, I just need to get the Magic Bullet...hee hee Aner was right, that is funny. Have a good day!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Linda, where did you get this magic bullet? I can't find it anywhere? Did you order online?
please email me!!
andreas7@cebridge.net

Oh....and while your at it. When is lunch?