Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hunter's birthday









Hunter had a special birthday this year as it fell on Memorial Day. We decided to do it up big patriotic style. It started with this amazing cake....


I found the recipe at Pioneer Woman's Blog- http://thepioneerwoman.com/


I also made her brisket recipe and it was yum-meee!




The spread! Hunter picked out all his favorite foods.


Katie made a completly organic 7 layer dip that I will have to post later.



Hunter opening gifts. Heather had painted a large star on his face.


We all dressed in red, white, and blue.



Pinata time!





The candy scramble




The party ended with a water balloon fight and then swimming at the community pool.

2 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Linda..you have such great creative vision in your photography. I love your work.
Aside from this...I need that cake. One made just for me.
Ugghhh, looks so GOOD!!
Happy Bday Hunter!!!

Linda said...

Heather and I will make this cake for anyone's July 4th activities for a donation to our church for the Desperation Conference.