Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Weddings!




My family loves a good wedding. We love to get dressed up, love seeing old friends and family (the young ones too), we love the food but we especially love the dancing.






My nephew got married this past weekend in Austin at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. It was a lovely location for a wedding. The wedding was short and sweet and I missed most of it as a bug flew in my eye and I had to keep asking Heather for updates.




We had a wonderful meal of chicken medalions with jaberno cream sauce, garlic mashed potatoes (my nephews favorite) and the most delicious salad with spinach, strawberries and candied pecans ( I considered that my dessert).




Once the dancing started though my kids were ready to go... they were bummed they had to wait until the bride and groom, bride and dad, groom and mom all had a dance ( the nerve of them) but once that was over they hit the floor. I did discover my kids are not real fond of country and western and kept wanting to know when the "real music" was going to start.




At the end of the night Seth informed me this had been the best day of his life.... and wanted to know when the next wedding was, hopefully not too long.

2 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

great pictures! Seriously? A bug flew in your eye? Gracious!
Sounds like much fun.

ChapMarks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.